The look ahead for Wednesday April 12, 2017
By Joey Coleman // @JoeyColeman
Published: Apr 11 2017 (13 days ago) // Last Updated: Apr 12 2017 (12 days ago)
Here's the day ahead for Wednesday
- 8:30am: A shortened The Public Record Radio Show on CFMU
- 11:00am: (Approximate) City Clerk releases agendas for next week's standing committees. This will include the super-LRT meeting on the 19th and an updated delegate list for that meeting. Other agendas expected are Planning, Public Works, Board of Health, and Special Council on the 20th.
- 12:15pm: City Councillor Matthew Green is hosting a live Facebook conversation with Ryan McGreal on LRT, it will be on his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MGreenWard3
- 2:00pm: Intelligent Community Task Force Cmte meeting. Of note, Dr. Rick Huijbregts – VP of Digital Transformation and Innovation, CISCO, will be speaking.
- 5:00pm Full City Council meeting (see items of note below)
- 7:00pm Beasley Neighbourhood Association AGM. I'm a resident of Beasley and will go to my NA as soon as Council adjourns. (This is not a journalistic activity)
Council Items of Note
- Approving the 2017 City budget, then after the meeting making the full budget public information;
- Ratification of poverty reduction strategy, which plans to spend up to $5-million more per year on affordable housing capital;
- The concerning internal audit report on the use and mismanagement of consultants;
- Ratification of the Special LRT meeting decision to not study a Bay Street LRT stop;
- Letters from the Ministry of Transportation saying Province will study expanding lanes on the 403 from Brantford to Burlington (Letter 1)(Letter 2);
- Planning Committee denial of a staff recommended development application for 125 Wilson Street East in Ancaster; and
- installation of a full traffic light at Dundurn S and Chatham in Ward 1.
The meeting starts at 5pm, I'll do my best to stream it.
Have an event or news item I should note in the near future, you can always reach me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org